Multnomah Days 2012
This year the Multnomah Days Parade and Street Fair is Saturday, August 18th. VENDOR booth information can be seen at http://www.multnomahdays.eventbrite.com and vendor inquiries can be emailed to email@example.com.Inquiries about the PARADE can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. More info will be posted as the big days draws closer!
MULTNOMAH DAYS HIGHLIGHTS:
• Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast held at Key Bank from 8:00am to 11am. The cost is $6 for adults and $4 for kids twelve and under. All proceeds go to the Mt. Hood Kiwanis Camp for children and adults with disabilities.
• PARADE! The ‘biggest little’ parade kicks off at 10:00 a.m. with musicians, street performers, cars, pets and more. Timber Joey, the Portland Timbers’ mascot, will serve as Grand Marshal. Donation to Neighborhood House requested of participants.
• Kid Zone located at the Multnomah Art Center, will be open from 9am to 4pm. PDX Kids Calendar will be hosting a fun and interactive booth for kids and families - including all kinds of free activities! Come and make snake shadow and spider finger puppets with Tears of Joy Theatre, a mask with NW Nannies or get your picture taken under the PDX Kids Calendar umbrella! First 250 visitors will also receive a reusable shopping bag filled with information from local businesses! This year, the Zone includes a mini barnyard petting zoo!
• Live Music on the Main Stage begins immediately after the parade with The Beat Goes On Marching Band. Music will continue throughout the day with great covers from The Magnets playing from noon to 1:30, and featuring The Renegade String Band, playing blue grass from 2:00pm-4:15pm.
• Sip D’ Vine Wine (& Beer) Garden on Moss Street will be open from noon-10pm, with live music playing from 6pm -10pm.
• Multnomah Days Arts and Crafts Sale features functional and artistic works at great prices. All artwork is created by MAC instructors & students. The proceeds from this sale go to participating local artists and help fund program improvements at Multnomah Arts Center.
• Visit the Energy Fair and learn how to go green at your home or business. Presented by Umpqua Bank, Clean Energy Works of Oregon, Wise Energy Co and Live Light Energy.
• Multnomah Historical Association is hosting a free picnic for the community on Sunday August 19, from 11am-2 pm at Gabriel Park picnic sites D & E. For more information go to www.multnomahhistorical.com or call 503-893-5549
• The fun and sudsy Dog Wash, benefiting DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital Blood Bank Program, at the Lucky Lab Public House following the parade until 2pm. A $10 donation is suggested.